Friday, March 10, 2006

Running Good

It's been hard to do much pokering of late due to my life changes and what not. Fortunately, I've been able to sneak in a few hours with the BF homegame every Thursday night to keep my mind off of all things careery. Sometimes the BF game can be frustratey, cally, drinky and stupid, even forcing people to give up the game for Lent. And sometimes, no matter how hard you try and how bad you play, you just continue to get there.

The cards have absolutely runneth over me in the past month plus with nary a bit of help from me. Last week, I sat down late, and the first hand I was dealt queens. I bet it, it was called in 46 spots, an ace AND king flopped, somehow it was checked around TWICE, and I rivered the nut flush to double up. Last night, I sat down late, was dealt JTo, flopped two pair and more than doubled up. That has repeated itself in some form or fashion throughout the last several nights of poker. I may not be the best player at our player, but I'm certainly the luckiest (or at least the second-luckiest, since Tulsa still plays in the game).

4 comments:

Tiny B said...

Sometimes?

Thum said...

Please be careful on the lucky front. I had that last year and look at the schlogger results to see how it is working this. Also, I suck, that probably has something to do with it.

Sommer said...

are these spam comments or a Shane post?

Tiny B said...

TBR,

Rumor has it you played in the big game last night with Darling and his crew. How did you do?