Tuesday, September 13, 2005

WSOP # 43



If TBR can re-issue his tired posts, then I don't see why I can't. My WSOP consisted of a Mega Satellite entry into the Main Event, where I finished 95th of 450 with the top 45 getting spots in the Big One, and an entry into Event 43 ($1500 NLHE) which coincided with Day three of the Main Event. I was curious how many of the big pros would play after having been eliminated from the Big One. I guess the answer is that a bracelet is a bracelet and in my immediate area were, Devilfish, Seidel, Jesus, Men the Master, Cindy Violette, Mike Sexton, Humberto and others. After about 30 minutes of play, Marcel Luske joined our table, two to my left.

I soon found myself playing a hand against Marcel. I limped into a pot on the button with Marcel checking his big blind. I have A4 of clubs. The flop is AQ7, no clubs. It is checked to me and I bet $400, size of the pot and a third of my chips. Marcel is the only caller. The turn is another 7. Marcel checks, I check. the river is a blank. Marcel bet $750, putting me all-in. I tank it and fold. Marcel shows a Q. Maybe he had a 7, or AQ, but probably not. I played another couple of hours with Luske and after playing with him, I definitely wish I would have made the call with an ace. He took a stab at just about every pot he played, raising most pre-flop, which leads me to my exit. On the small blind and nearing a bump in the blinds, I am dealt AK. Marcel raises, as he had most hands, and is re-raised by the big chip stack, who had made similar moves with a variety of hands. I decided to move all-in giving myself a chance to triple up in a position in which I might be going in with the best hand. Wrong. The big blind immediately goes all-in, as does Marcel. Oops. Marcel - AA, Big Blind - QQ, Chip Stack - AJ. Marcel's aces hold up and I'm out. At lease I made a good read on the big chip stack. Who knew Marcel had finally picked up a hand. I like my play. Anyway, Marcel ended up finishing 10th, getting paid $13000+. Seidel finished 6th, for $59000+ and the even was won by Ron Kirk, not the mayor.

Special thanks to AM, Austin Pete, Tulsa, Gonz, Dan, Tum, TBR and TBR Sr, for backing me in my tourneys. Sorry I disappointed. Austin Pete and Gonz still owe me.

No comments: