Friday, June 23, 2006

Batface Poker Night: Tilty McTilterstein

Several years ago, Negreanu wrote a pretty insightful three-part article about the perils of boozeing with poker. Cleary, Tiny B has not read it, and judging by his play, probably hasn't read too many other poker articles or books latelty. True enough, he's still the best player in the game at throwing things, be they chips, cards, phones, tvs, etc., and there's certainly something to be said for that. But I sure would like to see him get back to where he was--a top-10 player in our weekly game. With the WSOP right around the corner, it's frankly a little sad to watch him continue to wallow in mediocrity.

Seriously, I don't think alcohol is his problem. If anything, that probably helps him loosen up a very tight game. But this article from Mike Caro could change his game--if he weren't too stubborn to read it.

As for the game itself, it was a very tense, turbulent and hostile affair, punctuated by ethical violations, tantrums and near-fisticuffs (and I'm not even talking about Tiny B anymore). Fortunately for me (and you, our three readers) Todd wasn't able to break my phone, so I give you the only picture you need to know about the actual play, my stack:


UPDATE: Upon further review, it appears that Todd did actually break my phone/pda thingie. So, if you're scoring at home, just remove the green and red stacks from the above photo for my net take on the night.

1 comment:

Fawcett said...

Damn that looks like a nice poker table.