Thursday, November 10, 2005

Library Time


Currently reading Kill Phil:The Fast-Track to Success in No-Limit Hold 'Em Poker Tournaments. Pretty damn good explanation of the reasons fast and aggressive is a better tourney strategy than old-school "small ball" approach, which works better in side games and pot-limit tourneys.

It's hard, while reading this, not to think that when they're talking about "old-school" styles, they're discussing my beloved T.J. Cloutier, the player for whom I have the most man-love. That said (and, as this year's event showed, dismiss T.J. at your own risk), there's a lot of very good simple tourney strategy in the book.

And for those who don't understand nuance (Dan! Wassup!), I look forward to trapping you when you take advice like this too far.

Oh, I forgot, we're playing at Dan's tonight. Hmmm. Good thing he won't be trying to bluff me out of every pot now. Will you, Dan?

No comments: