Friday, October 07, 2005

Take Me to the River

Not sure how to describe our game last night except for, I got killed. I tried to evaluate my play, which I'm sure Todd will chime in about it later, but I really feel like I played well. Didn't stay in many hands but when I did I would get rivered or run into a 35o or 46o and their straight would hit on the turn. My fellow players know I'm not one to complain about the river especially since the phrase "You got Thummed" is named after yours truly. You know you are having a rough night when Todd says to me after my fifth buy in, "You just need to walk away."

When I showed up, Shane had his computer on the table while we played. Now I'm not sure if he learned that from the professional players at WSOP, but it was a little strange. After waiting an hour for him to order the pizza online, I guess his phone was out, we decided to play Omaha a few rounds, which I loved. Tim, Todd, Dan were the big winners. Other than me, Troy, Adam, and Shane's boss were the other considerable losers. Todd played one of his best rounds in my opinion. He might be moving to Omaha soon based on his success there. It wasn't the same without Randy there, but in a way it was a lot quieter. Tim's flatulence was so bad that he sent an email apologizing for it this morning.

Looking forward to our break the fast game next Thursday. Hopefully, after repenting all Thursday morning at services, my luck will change. Just hate the fact that Dan had my number all night.

4 comments:

Sommer said...

This post was 40% less horrible than I was expecting.

Thum said...

That actually means a lot to me. I don't have that great scribe ability like the others. I like to talk. You need to come by my office and show me how to do the pictures.

Tagg said...

Definitely less horrible. The random, if not grammatical placement of punctuation seemed to indicate pauses in the communication. Such breaks would be well received in conversation.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure having the phrase "getting Thummed" on the blog will attract a ridiculous number of unintended readers who googled a decidedly non-poker topic.

Anonymous said...

GODAMNITT!! I came here for some hot thumming action!!!

The most obvious attempt of the use of sexually searched words to drive visitors to this crap whole if i'd ever seen one.